You know that perfect little box you’ve been squeezing in to? What if I told you that people would still love you (and you might even learn to love yourself) if you just took a hammer to it?
Don’t deny it, we’ve all been there. You pretend your life is different than it actually is. You post pictures on Facebook of you and your partner oogley eyeing eachother when in reality you just spent your New Years dinner discussing whether or not you should break up, and the next day she moves out (that’s too descriptive to not be personal haha). You take selfies of your face because you’re uncomfortable with your belly. You put dinner with the girls on your Visa (with the last $30 available) because you’re afraid to say you can’t afford to go out.
Guess what? You aren’t perfect! And that is not only acceptable, it is beautiful. Authenticity is so refreshing.
I urge you to please step up, step out. Stop squeezing. You aren’t fooling the people who actually matter. Those who pull away from you are afraid that you will expose their box (it’s not even about you). Let them fall away. Those who stay, love you for exactly who you are. They are the only ones who matter. You truly matter!
SMASH THE BOX!
SMASH IT! It’s preventing you from falling in love with who you actually are, and living your life to your fullest and highest potential!
10 Steps to Break Free and Shatter Your Box
1. Acknowledge and Analyze it. Stop. Lying. To. Yourself!!!! Notice your box. How large is it? How/When do you use it? How does it benefit you right now? How does it make you feel?
2. Pick up the Hammer. Are you ready? What’s holding you back? Be honest with yourself. This is the start to smashing it. Be ready.
3. SMASH IT! Literally take the hammer and smash that shit. Call someone, admit a lie. The nagging lie would be a good place to start, as long as it won’t hurt anyone. This is about you. You created this box. No one else.
4. Dont be Fake Anymore. It’s exhaaaausting. Seriously, so much of your time will free up.
5. Let the Other Boxes Fall Away. Find the people who appreciate you and know your worth, make room for them. Popularity is incredibly overrated. Everyone knows 3 great friends is far more fulfilling than 30 fake friends.
6. Be Kind, Reliable and Trustworthy. Talk the talk and walk the walk. Act with good intentions. When you say no, mean it. When you say yes, mean it.
7. Be Open to Possibilities. Have faith. Think critically and objectively. Keep an open mind and question yourself – your motives, fears…
8. Be True to Yourself. What are your virtues? Morals? Values? Own your imperfections. Self awareness is so empowering. Learn about you. What gives you goosebumps? What makes you tick? Integrity is key.
9. Be Bold. Wear the polka dots when everyone else chooses black. Be honest, have courage, be brave. And at the end of the day own it all!!!
10. Love Yourself No Matter What. Love your quirks, your imperfections. Nurture yourself if you make a mistake. You are human afterall. Be grateful for your gifts. Be as authentic as you possibly can, and love this about yourself. Don’t change for anyone. When you are so comfortable within yourself you inspire others to do the same.
Authenticity. It’s a virtue. Do you believe this? Where will you let it take you? ❤✌