One of the first things I started working with were crystals. Crystals for healing are incredibly useful. But how do crystals heal? Not only are they beautiful but they have such high vibrational properties that the moment you are aligned with them your own vibration starts to rise. Different crystals have different healing properties and the descriptions can be extensive. Luckily we don’t have to memorize everything we read about crystals. Often times it’s the one you are most drawn to that you need that day, or it can also be the one you are least drawn to and resisting. As with everything else in the realm of spirituality, let your intuition be your guide. Tune in to your body, your feelings, and just pick one or two or five. You literally can’t go wrong.
Citrine is a great crystal for healing because of its self-expression properties. Citrine helps with self-esteem and self-image, it helps to assert personal will and facilitates new beginnings. Citrine is associated with the solar plexus chakra which encapsulates our relationship with ourself.
Amethyst is a wonderful crystal for healing symptoms of stress and anxiety. It is a calming stone, and it helps with insomnia and warding off nightmares. Amethyst comes from the Greek word amethystos which means “not drunken” and has been known to support those dealing with addictions. It is associated with the crown chakra which is a direct reflection of your spiritual connection.
Sodalite is a very effective crystal for those who experience mood swings. Its vibration helps to balance out emotions and instill a sense of calm. Sodalite also activates the throat chakra, making it easier to communicate effectively and speak your personal truth. Sodalite helps you to connect with your intuition making you more aware of what your body/mind/spirit needs in this moment to heal itself.
Aquamarine is an important crystal for anyone who experiences anxiety or fear. It is calming, soothing and promoted courage. Aquamarine helps us to heal by aligning and balancing each of our chakras. Aquamarine supports manifestation and protection.
5. Rose Quartz
Everyone knows Rose Quartz for its loving healing properties. It is the crystal of unconditional love, compassion and kindness. It promotes emotional healing, especially after a break up or a death of a loved one. Rose Quartz helps you to give and receive the love that you are so deserving of. It also brings a sense of calm, peace, and joy to your life.
Pyrite is a great protection crystal, meaning that it will block negative energy from entering your aura. It is grounding, and offers support around manifestation and inspiration. Pyrite will enhance your will so that it’s easier to make it through troubling times in our lives. It promotes good physical health. Pyrite is a good crystal to use if you need the motivation and follow through to accomplish health related goals.
Lepidolite is known as the “stone of transition”. It helps to induce change from old behavioural patterns or attitudes that are no longer serving your higher purpose. Lepidolite brings deep emotional healing, so it supports with symptoms of stress and depression. It can also be used to support recovery from illness, such as addiction. It brings independence, trust and self-love.
Last, but certainly not least is Turquoise, aka the “master healer”. Turquoise can be used to balance and realign any chakra. For centuries it has been known as the crystal that connects heaven and earth. It has an incredibly high vibration of love and offers a calm and soothing experience to any one who uses it.
How to use crystals on a daily basis…
I have a beautiful display of crystals on my altar, and at first that’s where they stayed. I had no idea how to actually use them for anything, I just knew I wanted them, and I felt really good when I was around them. Here’s a few ways I have learned to use them on a daily basis;
- Prescriptions: Google it! There are prescriptions for self confidence, for overcoming fear, for attracting abundance, for love. Literally for everything you can think of. I used one once for a tummy ache and after 3 days of upset stomach I was relieved… for a few hours. But those few hours were heavenly!
- Meditations: Crystals will enhance meditations ten fold. Sit with a crystal that it is connected to the crown chakra on your lap, or in front of you while you meditate. The vibration from the crystal will support the opening of your crown and facilitate the connection of higher self.
- Manifesting: stones like Aquamarine who are linked to manifestation can be held when you are speaking affirmations to help with manifesting them into reality. If you hold a Turquoise and say “I am healed” you better expect some serious healing energy coming your way!
- Put a crystal in your pocket to help bring you whatever kind of energy you need throughout the day.
- Lay down or sit for a few minutes – kick your feet up, you deserve it! And place a crystal (or 7) on the corresponding chakra to help the energy flow. Visualize the crystal sending rays of coloured energy in through your chakra. This will help to balance and align that chakra.
- Place them strategically around your house. Amethyst on your bedside table or under a pillow, or Citrine in the financial corner to attract prosperity (the furthest corner to the left from your front door).
So next time you are debating whether or not you need to get that crystal, don’t pick the one you think is prettiest. Pick the one you are being pulled towards, or if you’re brave the one you are totally repelled by. You will be surprised the difference it makes when you are working with a crystal that is totally meant for you.
Another fun idea is to bring a child with you shopping. Ask them to pick the best crystal for healing, specifically for you. Children are incredibly intuitive and will often pick the exact one you need. And remember you cannot make a mistake here, the only thing holding you back is you ❤✌